ForewordFirsto of all, do you know what is AltMe?
AltMe is a free chat software like IRC, but made only in pure Rebol; instead of rooms, there are worlds.
Rebol4 world is very populated of rebol users.
In order to use AltMe, just download it from: http://www.altme.com/
then you must have a free account on it.
In order to have an account there are three ways:
- Ask on the REBOL Gateway world:
- Send an email to rebol-request@REBOL.com
- Ask via REBOL.org
Rebol gatewayThis is the recommended method.
REBOL Gateway is an AltME world set up as a gateway to other REBOL resources.
- Start the AltME client (that you just downloaded)
- go to:
- World: REBOL-gate
- Username: guest
- Password: guest
- Post a message in the REBOL4 Join Requests group. We'll need your full name, preferred username, and a working email address (to send you a password)
- Sit back and wait for a confirming email. To prevent spam, join requests are checked by real humans, so please be patient; it may take us a day or two to respond
- If you are new to AltME: while you are waiting, please play with making posts in the playpen group. That'll give you a feel for how AltME works
- Also, ask any questions in the Questions? group
Ask via emailIf you are not a member, you can join by sending an email to:
with the word subscribe on the subject line.
Ask via Rebol.orgRegister on http://www.rebol.org and then click on http://www.rebol.org/aga-join.r?action=request
Linux 64 bit problemIf you use Linux 64bit, you AltMe could give you this error:
./altme: error while loading shared libraries: libXaw7.so.7: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
solution is very easy: create a file altme.sh in the same directory of altme with this content:
It's very important that the last line is the full path to the original altme binary.
Then make altme.sh executable and launch it:
chmod u+x ./altme.sh